[Phys-L] Re: GoogleEarth

| Subject: Re: GoogleEarth
|
| Damn, that's good. I can zoom in on my house. The only
| problem is that if I zoom in on my address I find a house
| about half a block away.

I've noticed this with a lot of the mapping programs on the web, they
get the location of addresses incorrect quite often. I suspect, without
any data other than my observations, that they use some sort of
interpolation scheme that often makes wrong assumptions about how
address numbers are laid out on streets.

Does anybody know any real information about why it gets addresses
incorrect. For me its never far off, half a block to a block incorrect.

Joel R.