[Phys-L] Re: [SPAM-6.111] Re: [SPAM-4.611] Re: THE WEDGE STRATEGY of The ID Movement

Delayed response. I've been out of town in Louisiana (another story).
You are correct. I made a sweeping statement that I should not have
made. My response was a reaction to the broad brush used by some on
this list to characterize certain groups with which they strongly
disagree. That said, it doesn't excuse my doing the same. I will strive
to be more careful in my choice of words. I have no knowledge of the
number of infants who lack necessary medical care due to no fault of
their parents, but even one is too many. I would like to know what
solutions would be proposed to solve the problem without giving the
government more control of health care. BTW one might look at the
following article for some cautions about interpreting infant mortality
data between different countries.
"Registration artifacts in international comparisons of infant mortality.
Kramer MS
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Search&term=%22Kramer+MS%22%5BAuthor%5D>,
Platt RW
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Search&term=%22Platt+RW%22%5BAuthor%5D>,
Yang H
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Search&term=%22Yang+H%22%5BAuthor%5D>,
Haglund B
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Search&term=%22Haglund+B%22%5BAuthor%5D>,
Cnattingius S
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Search&term=%22Cnattingius+S%22%5BAuthor%5D>,
Bergsjo P
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Search&term=%22Bergsjo+P%22%5BAuthor%5D>.
Department of Pediatrics, McGill University Faculty of Medicine,
Montreal, Canada. michael.kramer@mcgill.ca"
Their conclusion, "International comparisons and rankings of infant
mortality should be interpreted with caution."
James Mackey