[Phys-L] Re: Aristotelian thinking among modern students

| 1) I hope that somebody planning to write a really innovating
| Introductory Physics textbook pays attention to some of our threads.
| Most textbooks are essentially similar because authors (and
| publishers) do not want to take a chance. On the other hand,
| a really innovating text is needed. An author and publisher
| willing to take a chance might be able to produce something
| that is not only useful but profitable as well.

Does Knight's book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0805386858/qid=1129839072/
sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-7872580-1829513?v=glance&s=books

Qualify in your opinion?

Why/why not?

IMO, it more or less qualifies, but curious as to opinions from phys-L
members. I haven't actually used the book in a course; so those who are
currently using it should chime in.

Joel R.