[Phys-L] Re: how to unsubscribe?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernard Cleyet" <anngeorg@PACBELL.NET>
To: <PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: how to unsubscribe?

"There are lots of other places more suited to this nonsense.

Please name one.

One can enter almost ANY newsgroup and be bombarded by posts like these.
We're getting them in MISC.EDUCATION, K12.CHAT.TEACHER, and in REC.ORG.MENSA
just to name a very few. What's next, a scholarly discussion of the
relative impact of race on intelligence? This stuff just generates
arguments. We're already getting people here complaining about inaccuracies
regarding religious beliefs of Catholics versus Protestants and Democrats
(liberals?) versus Republicans (conservative?). We're arguing over what
constitutes human life, motivations for the definitions of "life", and
whether or not abortion is a crime or comparable to exfoliation. This is a
slippery slope, and things will only get worse if we don't get it under
control. Right now we have a pretty one-sided posting; what happens when
the people with opposition beliefs start posting in response? I'm tired of
attempting to participate in discussions only to have the entire group
hijacked by seemingly unlimited messages that have only a nodding connection
with the presumed purpose of the group. If you want to argue religious
beliefs, politics, abortion... DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE and don't impose YOUR
personal beliefs on everyone here! And frankly, Bernard, if you can't find
"other places more suited to this nonsense", then you really aren't trying
very hard.