[Phys-L] Re: Slow list?

Regarding Michael E's question:

For several days now, messages I send to Phys-L take an awful long
time to appear in the archives, and to come back to me. For
example, I sent a message about survey meters that left my computer
at 12:22 PM EDT and did not arrive in the archives nor back to me
until 1:51 PM EDT... an elapsed time of about 1.5 hours. Is anyone
else experiencing this?

It sometimes makes disussions a bit awkard when that kind of time
delay occurs. The discussion could have changed to a new topic, or
old questions are answered and new questions are asked before my
message arrives.

Michael, you don't seem to be the only one with this problem. But it
seems to be a intermittent one for me. For instance on 11 OCT 05 I
posted a message that took 3 hours 8 minutes to actually hit the
list. By the time it arrived it was significantly obsolete. But on
15 OCT 05 I posted two messages that each took only 3 minutes to be
delivered. Of course one of those was also obsolete, too. But that
wasn't the fault of the list; it was a case of me not noticing a
nice thorough post by Moses Fayngold that had been posted days
earlier.

David Bowman