[Phys-L] Re: [SPAM-4.611] Re: [SPAM-4.611] Re: THE WEDGE STRATEGY of The ID Movement

One who posses faith does not stop thinking critically, one just comes
to a different conclusion about the evidence than another perhaps.

Robert B Zannelli wrote:

Faith is the suspension of critical thinking. It's the acceptance of
something as true because we want it to be true in spite of all evidence to the
contrary.

That is not faith as I understand it. It is certainly not based on
scientific evidence, but since when did scientific evidence become the
only basis for judging things?

This perhaps explains why the faithful feel threatened by those not
accepting their particular faith assertions

Perhaps some do, I know many who do not feel threatened by others.
There are certainly many on this list who would disagree with my views,
but I don't feel threatened! I see many things that I see as complete
misunderstandings of religious viewpoints and of believers in general.
I attribute this to perhaps having had a very bad encounter with someone
professing religious beliefs at some time in their experiences.

and often seeks to get government on their side to enforce a public acceptance of their faith beliefs. Under God, ten commandments etc.

Bob Zannelli

Doesn't almost every group work to get government support of their
views. Isn't that what citizens have a right to do under a democratic
form of govenement - or is it only the religious who do not have that right?
James Mackey