[Phys-L] Re: [SPAM-4.611] Re: THE WEDGE STRATEGY of The ID Movement

Jack Uretsky wrote:

Hi all-
James seems to make the common error that our accepted morality
stems from a Jewish and/or Christian religious tradition.

It may be a common assumption, but its not an error!

I recommend
that he familiarize himself with the moral standards relied upon by
Aristotle in criticizing current theatrical works in his "Poetics."
Also, the 10 commandments, probably written down during the
Baylonian Captivity, owe a great deal to the Babylonian Code of Hammurabi,
which date back to earlier than 2000 bce.

After reading the code of Hammurabi (not an easy read!) I did not find
much in it like the ten commandments. Did I miss an appendix?

Neither humans, nor any other social animals, owe their patterns
of behaviour to a divinely-inspired text.

I, of course, disagree

James Mackey