[Phys-L] Re: Antique Gas Pump Question

I vaguely remember pumps of this type when I was a pre-schooler. The gas
station attendant
grabbed a handle attached to the pump with both hands and rotated it in
large circles
untile the "7 gals for a Dollar" was poured into the customer's gas tank.
I think that the
white lever at the right side of the pump ( in the picture below) served
this purpose.

Herb gottlieb from New York City
(Where you can now buy 7 gals of gas for about $20)

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:30:46 -0400 Tony Wayne <twayne@K12ALBEMARLE.ORG>