[Phys-L] Re: THE WEDGE STRATEGY of The ID Movement

Don't forget Hitler used the excuse for annexing the Sudetenland that
the Czechs were abusing the German speaking Czech citizens there. And
that was true! Furthermore, the Czechs then ethnically cleansed the
Sudetenland after the war!

And how about the eugenic laws instituted by Hitler? They were modeled
on those in the midwest e.g. Indiana, 1907.

bc, who notes that Hitler brought Germany out of the depression well
before the rest of the world.

Rick Tarara wrote:

Robert--your political leanings are showing! But certainly today's mass
murders are using religious excuses and religious enticements to get people
to strap bombs to their bodies. But..when has it not been so? Nothing is
new other than the tactics of terrorism and nothing has fundamentally
changed in this country from when Europeans waged war on the natives, to
when they waged war on the 'homeland', to when we waged war on each other,
to when we returned to waging war on Europe, to when we waged war on Asians,
etc., etc. And of course turn everything around (Europe waging war on
America, etc.)--there are no clear-cut heroes or demons here (well maybe
Hitler but the rest of Europe was largely responsible for his rise).

It is my humble opinion that we would all be much more careful of our lives
and in doing so of every other person's life if we really could grasp that
these few decades of existence are all there is! No umpteen virgins, no
golden castles, no fairy-tale endings. What you have is what you get--so
make the best of it--and to do that, you need to treat the people around you
with dignity and respect.

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

Bob this movement exist, it's called Humanism. And the notion that we need
theism to have civilized behavior is like saying we need Hitler for good
government. Seems to me that that those countries with the least
religious
influence are by far the most civilized. The decent of the United States
into
promoting and committing torture and mass murder has coincided with the
increased
influence of religion in Government.

Bob Zannelli

_http://www.americanhumanist.org/index.html_