[Phys-L] Re: Science "Magic" Demos

I have a distinct memory about this. A year (1952) before I took
Physics I read a scifi story in which a vehicle is unstuck (not on
earth). The character shown is amazed. The savez one tells the other
he'll draw the force parallelogram when they get back to camp.

bc, who ah-ha'd the next year.

p.s. after the ah-ha, I assumed all horizontally tensioned cables sag.

Jack Uretsky wrote:
Use this technique for pulling a car out of a ditch. Known since the
'twenties, at least.
Regards,
Jack