[Phys-L] Re: infinite sig. figs.

| p.s. all the (academic) machinists I've known were very intelligent.

Ditto, which for me is a sample of three, one at my undergraduate
institution and two at my graduate institution.

(I wonder if it comes from having to deal with professors) :-)

Incidently, we had a machine shop course offered two weeks in the summer
in grad school. Taught by one of the machinists. It was totally
voluntary and was non-credit and non-tuition. But you had to take it to
be certified to use the student machine shop. Despite being theoretical
physics and providing much amusement to the teacher of the course (use
your imagination) it was a significant worthwhile experience that I'd
recommend to all students/faculty who have such and opportunity.