[Phys-L] Re: Quarters vs Semesters

On Sep 16, 2005, at 10:43 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

ten weeks/quarter X five fifty min. h/week X three quarters = 150 h

if one includes the Summer quarter then include the two Summer sessions
(semester program: ten and six weeks) That beats any quarter system!

[in all cases assumes xams xtra days except semester summer: last day
is
final.] If I remember correctly Summer classes were > one h.

VL's program suggests that not only have grades inflated, but also
class
time. Is that fifth hour each week play time?

Re read my post. Please. If you quote my program use the numbers that I
posted.

And where did grade inflation come in?

Please lets discuss facts, not speculation. I posted one data point on
a quarter system.

Another post has discussed a 14-week semester system.

VL