[Phys-L] Re: Quarters vs Semesters

Mike,

Thanks for correcting my typo

| Joel wrote:
| >Mike gave a cynical opinion of the change from semesters to
| >quarters.<snip>
|
| To set the record straight, it's the other way around. We
| changed from quarters to semesters.
|
| Joel also said I forgot to mention the savings in
| administering registration (and grades) two times a year
| rather than three times a year. Actually I didn't forget
| that.

<snip>

Interesting observations regarding what I said about saving money in
administrating the starts and stops. My opinions regarding that matter
pre-date the computerization of entering grades and of the registration
process, I suspect that they are valid for that era, when a lot of
schools started the transformation; but we live in a new era where what
you were saying probably is more valid.

I wonder if some bean counters are using old data, where maybe the
savings in money existed, to arm their arguments for the process; and
fail to realize that IT may have changed the equation?

Joel R