[Phys-L] Re: student mathematical capability

Joel Rauber writes:

-----Original Message-----
From: Rauber, Joel [mailto:Joel.Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:38 AM

OTOH, my physics major required that we take linear algebra from the
math department. I had thought that this is quite common, but lately
I've been wondering??
------------
We no longer require linear algebra, though we do recommend it. (Most
of our majors also get a minor in math, so it's not a real burden.)
Instead, we require three semesters of calculus (through multivariable
calculus) and a semester of differential equations. We cover linear
algebra in our Mathematical Physics course.

"I never think of the future.
It comes soon enough"
-Albert Einstein

Dr. George Spagna