[Phys-L] Re: "moving clock runs slower" (yes)

I think my example with 3-velocity serves its purpose, but Bob Scia=
manda's example with energy E and momentum P does it much better, bec=
ause the pseudo-Pythagorean theorem=20

E^2 - p^2c^2 =3D Eo^2 (1)

with the rest energy Eo in the energy-momentum space directly echoes =
the theorem

c^2t^2 - r^2 =3D c^2to^2 (2)=20

with the proper time "to" of a clock in Minkowski's space. If, accord=
ing to John, only "to" has the status of real physical time, then, by=
the same logics, only "Eo" must have the satus of the object's actua=
l energy. Then no references to quaternions or Clifford algebra can s=
ave us from the conclusion that there is no such thing as relativisti=
c energy E and momentum p, and therefore motion is merely an illusion=
.

Moses Fayngold,
NJIT=20