[Phys-L] Gulf Coast universities: Arizona State Univ offers help

[A forwarded message.]

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005
From: Sally Ramage <sally.ramage@asu.edu>

Like everyone, we at Arizona State University have been deeply
affected by the magnitude of the natural disaster that has struck the
Gulf Coast. The headlines and television reports are devastating, and
our hearts go out to all of those affected.

ASU is committed to helping current ASU students who have been
impacted by Hurricane Katrina as well as those who had hoped to
enroll at a Gulf Coast university to continue their education.

To date, over 30 of those displaced students have enrolled at ASU.
Enrollment is being streamlined as much as possible and arrangements
are also being made to provide financial assistance and on-campus
housing. Once these students have arrived on campus, we will ensure
that they are fully integrated into our community and will provide
access to the programs and services that current students already
utilize.

Please let us know if you are aware of any student in need of support.

ASU University Registrar, is the contact office for enrolling students.
<registrar@asu.edu> or 480.965.7302

Sally Ramage, Vice President for Student Affairs
480.965.7293
Lou Ann Denny, University Registrar
480.965.7302