[Phys-L] Re: Newton's Equation - 2 or 3 terms?

depends

If the burning area increases, e.g. from the cross section to conical,
the F increases. It will then decrease as the initial burning part
exhausts. Whatever, the mass decreases and not at a constant rate. The
early cruise (V 1) and the ballistic (V 2) missiles, I assume, used
pressure feed (liquid fuel), in which case the force decreased as the
fuel exhausted. What ever happens, w/ modern tech. the computer will
compensate.

Trivium: the clock to shut off some of the engines' fuel (over London)
was an electrolytic cell. Another was a log (like the naval one).

bc, by a stroke of fortune (?) missed the excitement of buzz bombs.

Anthony Lapinski wrote:

I may be mistaken, but don't rockets have a constant thrust (F)? As the
fuel (m) burns off,
the acceleration (a) actually increases.

Forum for Physics Educators <PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu> on Monday,