[Phys-L] Re: ID Tail Wags Science Dog

Right, however, what I was arguing is a pattern. This one is, I think,
an isolated case, and, therefore, propinquity is the only argument,
unless a damming e-mail, etc. is available.

bc

p.s. my lefty FM stn. has beaten this one to death.

John Denker wrote:

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

I wonder if one could sue, ... arguing a pattern of
discrimination ... against those who criticize the
government.

Here's just the latest example:

http://news.google.com/news?q=greenhouse+haliburton

A Defence Department official, known as a vocal critic of
Haliburton, the company once run by Vice President Dick
Cheney, has been sacked, a decision that has been
challenged by her lawyers.

Bunnatine H Greenhouse was a top-rank civilian employee
of the department. Her lawyer said that the dismissal
carries the �hallmark of illegal retaliation.�