[Phys-L] Re: ID defenders

Hi all-
People who do physics experiments are not stupid. Predictions
that are made after the experimental fact is determined are either not
accepted or, if appropriate, are heavily discounted. Current experiemnts,
involving hundreds of experimenters, erect barriers to separate different
parts of an experiment so that results are not contaminated by
expectations.
The deuterium content of the universe, referred to in a previous
post, is a case in point. The content was predicted before the
measurement was made.
Regards,
Jack