[Phys-L] Re: entropy

"> For a computer simulation that quantitatively demonstrates the
difference between complexity and entropy, see
http://www.av8n.com/physics/entropy-sim.htm
"

The problem I have w/ such sites as the above is they're ... ephemeral.

Must one copy it to ones HD, or is there an institution that would
preserve them?

bc, not so worried as he's older than most of the keepers of such sites,
but he thinks others should be.

P.s. books last, at least those not made during the war, but have such
low density.

John Denker wrote:

Larry Smith wrote:

Brian Greene ... argues that it is more probable that the universe was created last
Tuesday at 1210 GMT with us and all our memories intact than that the
universe had lower entropy in the past.

That's a common misconception.

It is a mistake to think that a "complicated" state such as the
"one week ago" state must be a high-entropy state. In fact,
there are many quite-complicated states that have little or no
entropy.

For a computer simulation that quantitatively demonstrates the
difference between complexity and entropy, see
http://www.av8n.com/physics/entropy-sim.htm

If you take the present state and evolve it forward a week or
so, unpredictable thermal fluctuations will result in many
cut