From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu]On
Behalf Of Pete Lohstreter
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:03
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Desks v. Tables

Does anyone know of any research dealing with the design of a physics
classroom? Specifically Tables v. Student Desks.

My classroom has a full set of lab stations at the rear of the room and
students desks in the front. Is it worthwhile to replace the desks with
tables? Students will never be doing labwork at the tables only at the
lab stations. The front of the room is for instruction and group work.
The desks can be arranged in quads for group work.

Any insight is appreciated.

thanks

Pete Lohstreter "Happy is he who gets to know
The Hockaday School the reasons for things. "
11600 Welch Rd Virgil (70-19 BCE) Roman poet.
Dallas, TX 75229

214-360-6389

plohstreter@mail.hockaday.org

See what our students are doing......