[Phys-L] Re: Private Universe and the Seasons

Fritz Perls' full first name was Frederic.

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, jbellina wrote:

On Aug 8, 2005, at 5:52 PM, Jack Uretsky wrote:

Interesting. In fact, to the not-too-casual observer, it looks like a
close relationship between changing of a belief system and the "aha"
experience of gestalt therapy (See Frederic Perls <Gesttalt Therapy
Verbatim> and, if it still exists, the "movie" (video) that goes with
it -
check with your psych department).

Curious, many years ago I investigated what is I think, a related
therapy called neurolinguistic programing. As I recall a Perls was
involved there as well. I recall it was Fritz Perls, but perhaps it
was Frederic...now off to google.

On ray diagrams: But projecting light through a (small) hole doesn't
make
a ray; it makes a diffraction pattern. I suppose that something like
shining a laser pointer into water would make the point (pun belatedly
intended).

The holes are large compared to the wavelength, so the diffraction
effects are not observed. It is an entirely geometric optics activity.
Regards,
Jack