[Phys-L] Re: Empedocles

Hi all-
I particularly like:
"146. If there were no limit to the depths of the earth and the abundant
air, as is poured out in foolish words from the mouths of many mortals who
see but little of the all.

149. Swift-darting sun and kindly moon.

150. But gathered together it advances around the great heavens.

151. It shines back to Olympos with untroubled face.

[Page 177] 152. The kindly light has a brief period of shining.

153. As sunlight striking the broad circle of the moon.

154. A borrowed light, circular in form, it revolves about the earth, as
if following the track of a chariot."

from: http://history.hanover.edu/texts/presoc/emp.htm
There is, of course, much more if you Google Empedocles.
Regards,
Jack