[Phys-L] Re: Assignment for Einsteinians

On Saturday, Jul 2, 2005, at 09:37 America/New_York, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

At 07:46 AM 7/2/2005, Ludwik, you wrote:

///
No the theory is not correct /// . . . .

Please describe an experiment contradicting special relativity.

Ludwik Kowalski

If a theory sound counter-intuitive, though it make appropriate
experimental predictions, and extend the field of explained
observations, can it be correct?

What does 'correct' mean?
Is any theory correct?

OK, perhaps the adjective "valid" or "acceptable" or "reliable" or
"true" would be more appropriate. I am not a linguist; to me these
words are interchangeable (when used to characterize a physical science
theory).

Ludwik Kowalski
Let the perfect not be the enemy of the good.