From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On
Behalf Of Bernard Cleyet
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 1:54 AM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Re: god friendly science

How about Troll friendly science?

"The people of old transferred the fear of trolls to the framework of
Christianity. According to Asplund Ingemark, it is important to remember
that troll tales have been told even in Christian surroundings. Written
documents show that people understood the troll tales and the stories in
the Bible in the same way. Both Christian and pagan stories described
the relationship between man and supernatural forces. Folklore and
Christian tales and sermons influenced each other. 'I chose trolls as
the subject of my research because I suspected that troll tales could
reveal something about the relation between folk beliefs and
Christianity. I am interested in that relationship.'"

Doctoral Disst.

http://www.helsinginsanomat.fi/english/article/1101978425335

bc, who thinks bible stories are folk stories too.

p.s. Panzers to UnderNews