[Phys-L] Re: OT? A Law to End Judicial Refutation of God-Driven Laws

I would not bet on its non-passage. There are many people upset about the
court interpretation of the constitutional prohibition of the establishment
of religion. One can never underestimate the stupidity of legislators. In
either case this law would have to be reviewed by the Supreme Court, and
they are very jealous of their prerogative to rule on the validity of laws.
The ability of the courts to rule on what laws say is a long established
rule.

Then there is the possible outcome that has never been envisioned by the pro
prayer in public school crowd. They could be forced to give equal time to
every religious group for public prayer. Then they might support no prayer
when the Wiccans get their turn.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

I'm pretty confident this will never get through the senate, and
I'm even pretty dubious about the house. The proposal might serve to get
some of its sponsors reelected.
Regards,
Jack