[Phys-L] Buffalo State Seeking 1yr FTT Physics instructor

...and I'd be happy to field initial queries regarding this position
from interested parties. This is a one year FT Temp instructor's
position here in Buffalo NY who would become my temporary colleague.
Although our dept hopes to get permission to hire two FT tenure track
positions in the next few years in Solid State and Physics Educ Rsch
(PER) / Teacher Prep replacing faculty who are retired/about to retire,
this position is not for that, nor is it linked to such.

Dan M

Physics Position Opening at Buffalo State College:
Full Time Temporary Position in Physics at Buffalo State College
for the academic year 2005-2006

The College will hire a full time temporary Physics instructor to teach
3 introductory College physics for the fall term (05) and a similar
number of courses for the spring term (06). Some evening instruction
will be required. The successful candidate will also help in the
laboratory setups and work with undergraduates physics majors on
projects. The preferred requirements are for a Ph.D. in Physics or
Physics Education and teaching experience at the college level but
candidates with a masters’ degree in Physics will be reviewed for the
position. This is the minimum requirement. The position pays $32k over
nine months with the full benefits of a regular full time faculty
appointment. Please send your resume, a statement of your teaching
philosophy and contact information for three references to: Dr. Michael
DeMarco, Chair of the Physics Department, Buffalo State College, 1300
Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, New York 14222 <DEMARCMJ@BUFFALOSTATE.edu>

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SCIE BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave , Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>