[Phys-L] Re: HRSI (High-Temperature Reusable Surface Insulation) picture

Sure! There's a classic photo of this in "University Physics" by Harris
Benson (John Wiley & Sons, 1991). It's on page 384. A guy is holding a
glowing cube of shuttle material at 1260°C!

I also bought a piece of shuttle tile on ebay for around $75 or so. You
can get almost ANYTHING on ebay!

Forum for Physics Educators <PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu> on Tuesday, April