[Phys-L] Re: homework lookup

Just to show there is no accounting for taste (mine in this instance).
We just abandoned Hecht, one reason being that in our opinion there
weren't enough good problems; too many were plug and chug. (His writing
style is good, IMO).

Personally I thought Lea & Burke has pretty good problems, though not
enough of them! From what I've seen of McKnight, I've liked; but for us
it hasn't been "battle" tested. If one is making up problems it is
probably best to have a plethora of sources.

________________________
Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu
605-688-4293

http://groups.physics.umn.edu/physed/Research/CRP/on-lineArchive/ola.htm

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu
Free Physics Educational Software (Win & Mac)
NEW: Animations for PowerPoint
Newton's Maze lab simulation
Simplified Energy Management Simulator
Energy 2100--class project