[Phys-L] Re: LaTeX in physics

On Wednesday, April 13, 2005 12:40 PM, James Frysinger wrote:

By comparison to AJP, IEEE used to require LaTeX
(with AMS extensions) then reverted to Adobe Framemaker
(prefered) or MS Word (accepted). They claim that too many
people loaded too many obscure "macros" and style documents.

My wife and I went to the same grad school and were both in the physics
department. My wife, however, had her advisor in EE. Whereas I used
LaTeX, my wife was told she had to use Word. Her experience was fairly
recent. Perhaps that was related to the IEEE decision? Or is there
some cultural difference between the physics and engineering
communities?