[Phys-L] Re: Zeno's Paradoxes

But why speculate? The Wikkipedia article gives you the proof. And the
first two hits on Google give the description and explanation for lay
persons. It turns out that you only need to divide the sphere into five
subsets, in order to make two spheres. The catch is that the subsets are
such that it is not possible to define a physically reasonable volume for
them. See:

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2003/5/23/134430/275
http://www.math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/30001.1-3-8.shtml

or enter Google with "Banach-Tarski"