[Phys-L] Re: FL stamps out dictator professors

Sometimes bills do state their aim; in some cases only in their title.
Bills aren't resolutions. This bill hasn't stated it's aim (note
reification or is it the pathetic fallacy?), but the aim is clear to
John C., I think the IP, and me.

I suspect we're writing at cross purposes (that is the expression?)

bc

Strickert, Rick wrote:

I had written: "There are also no statements in the proposed bill to
"stamp out dictator professors" or for students, teachers, and school
administrators to sue various combinations of each other."

Bernard Cleyet replied: "Don't think anyone made that claim i.e. in
the bill (straw man argument)"

Vanlandingham had written: "Republicans on the House Choice and
Innovation Committee voted along party lines Tuesday to pass a bill that
aims to stamp out 'leftist totalitarianism' by 'dictator professors' in
the classrooms of Florida's universities."

Later he also wrote: "According to a legislative staff analysis of the
bill, the law would give students who think their beliefs are not being
respected legal standing to sue professors and universities."

Rick Strickert
Austin, TX