[Phys-L] Re: Physics (chem.) Humor

Is space empty when it contains fields. How is matter different from
its fields?

Oh my! Now we are about to reify fields. Well why not? We tend to reify
many concepts.

I take it that this sort of reification began -- or at least was
promulgated -- by the likes of StarWars. where they fight of "force fields"
etc.

Folks, fields don't "fill" anything -- nothing "contains" a field.

"Fields" are a mathematical invention which allegedly facilitate some
calculations.

Let us stop talking as Bill Nye the Science Guy!

Jim