[Phys-L] Re: Energy & Projectile Lab

--- "Dwight K. Souder"
<crvhs_dks@CRESTVIEW-RICHLAND.K12.OH.US> wrote:

I also like Stacy Kissel's suggestion of placing
hoops through the path of
the projectile. That would be an interesting
activity.

If I am not mistaken, there is a plate in Newton's
Principia Mathematica of a marble moving through a
series of hoops at a changing angle to demonstrate the
path of the ball.

By the way, the iron rings that chemistry teachers use
for bunsen burners make great hoops as well as slices
of PVC pipe. Drill a hole in the side to attach a
wooden dowl.

Marc "Zeke" Kossover
The Jewish Community High School of the Bay