-----Original Message-----
From: Forum for Physics Educators
[mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On Behalf Of Daniel Crowe
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:38 PM

The range would be 1.47 m if the marble did not rotate and
did not lose any mechanical energy. The range would be 1.24
m if the marble rolls without slipping but does not lose any
mechanical energy.

A relative error of -24% from 1.47 m is 1.12 m, which has a
relative error of -10% from 1.24 m. A range of 0.97 m has a
relative error of -22% from 1.24 m.
<snip>

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:51:22 -0500, Dwight K. Souder