[Phys-L] Re: Looking for electricity demo apparatus

"I would have thought the V=IR drop would greatly de-energize the electrons as they go through the air."

Right; my thought exactly. It's about 20 eV / "collision". With a MFP of v. ~ 3 E-9 m, not much energy / speed remaining for Bremsstrahlung.

I was about to get my Keithley integrating rad. survey meter out. (It's an ionization chamber designed for measurement of scattered X-rays from X-ray generators. etc.) But realized the RF radiation would kill it. You won't believe what Tesla coils do to radio reception and general solid state device operation.

bc