[Phys-L] Re: conservation of angular momentum question

The source of external torque is in the support of the cylinders, you
can choose a rotation axis for calculating torques so that it is zero
for one of the supports, but not the other, as the axis of the supports
are necessarily not coincident as in the other problem where you may
conserve angular momentum (same support for both cylinders).

No time for a lengthier reply at this moment.

Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu
605-688-4293