[Phys-L] Re: Anti-Americanism creeps in to science teaching debate

Jack Uretsky wrote:

I agree that assumptions being made out to be questioned. Such
assumptions include:
"Dishonesty is rampant, etical behavior declining, learning
disappearing, racism
in the form of ethnicity growing, degenerate behavior becoming the norm,
families and children under attack by those who would justify any form of
public lifestyle, an inctreasingly sociological supreme court, etc. (you
fill
in the rest)."
James Mackey's post reminds me of the story of the first school
teacher:
When Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden they studiously
set about obeying the divine injunction to procreate their kind. Soon
they were surrounded by a horde of screaming, demanding children. At
their wits end, the first couple knelt down and prayed for help. Sure
enough, off in the distance, they saw a great cloud forming. The cloud
rose into the air, approached, descended and touched the ground. Out
stepped the world's first teacher.
She looked at Adam, she looked at Eve, then she looked at the
horde of disheveled, screaming, unruly children and shook her head. "We
never would have put up with this in the old days," she said.
Regards,
Jack