From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On
Behalf Of John M Clement
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: In the Private Universe

A useful thing would be to have a model of the earth where the students
could observe the amount of light intensity/area. I would propose a globe
with either a light sensor imbedded in it attached to a meter, or a
translucent section that provides light in the interior, and a peephole that
students could observe the light intensity. Then students could see the
effect of the angle. Then they could explore how the angle and the
illumination changes with the seasons.