From: "Bernard Cleyet" <anngeorg@PACBELL.NET>
To: <PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: collision question

| Is this an argument for the quantization of the field?

No, but why would you ask???

| bc, who, whatever, wouldn't call it dissipation.

Two electrons flying by (while repelling) each other, generate E/M radiation
fields which carry away momentum/energy. This momentum/energy is lost to
the two particle system and is ultimately absorbed and thermalized by the
lab walls and/or other objects. Why can I not say that momentum/energy has
been dissipated by the two particle system?