[Phys-L] Re: Vacuum Cannon Question

Tape is the easiest. With the foil, you need to grease the end of the
PVC and hold the foil with either an endcap or some rubber bands. You
don't need either with the tape. And, it's just as easy to get.

Sam

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

At (during the show and tell) the most recent NCN AAPT meeting a member
demo'd a vacuum canon using pvc pipe and std. "lite weight" aluminum
foil. No problem w/ width there.

bc

Matt Harding wrote:

Does anyone know of a good source for 3" celophane box sealing tape? In
several recent TPT articles it seems to be the tape of choice for the
ping-pong cannon. I've been using 2" tape which requires the use of
some fittings on a 1 1/2" PVC pipe. None of my local office supply
stores carry it, and when I search for Scotch 375 box sealing tape, I
find plenty of places to purchase it in bulk ($100 per carton), but
haven't found a vendor that sells individual rolls. Surely someone on
here must use it and know of a source?

Thanks,
Matt