From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On
Behalf Of Matt Coia
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 3:35 PM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Re: Vacuum Cannon Question

I have been using the regular ol' 2" 3M #371 packing tape in my trials
this past week. I have to double it up to prevent "blow-ins" but I
still
get a pretty good seal...sometimes too well. My current problem is the
ping-pong balls I'm using...they're crap....dollar store...kinda
smooshy.
I managed a pretty decent dent in a can today but nothing close to
splitting it open like Dick Peterson's does.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Coia
undergrad gadget person
Buffalo State College