[Phys-L] Re: Calculators a Distraction?

Hi Dan-
Typ;iucally I try to use input numbers that are
amenable to paperless calculations, I prohibit the use of calculators and
give no credit for accuracy of numerical answers. In fact, I subtract
credit for ansers so precise that they indicate calculator use or
long-hand detailed calculation. The emphasis is on estimation, and a
ball-park response gets full credit (giving credit for accuracy of
estimate defeats the purpose)
Regards,
Jack