[Phys-L] Re: Weighing air (Was: electricity)

I picked up a Camel brand "universal clamp-in valve" at 2 for $5
and Norma provided the 2 liter soda bottle.
A pen knife made a suitable hole in the plastic cap.
Here are preliminary feasibility data.

Weight empty: 79.2 gm
wt with ?? 20 psig air 82.8 gm
Difference 3.6 gm
wt filled with water ?? 2.2 kg
( A little too heavy for my Brainweigh scale rated at 1.5 kg,
so a kitchen scale served its turn.)
(34.7 psia/14.7 psia ) * 2.12 /3.6 =
~1.39 gm/liter ??? given as 1.29 gm/liter at 0degC

Brian Whatcott