[Phys-L] Re: electricity

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request about electricity. It's
great to know that I'm on the right track and finally 'getting' stuff that
was lost to me in grade school. (I also have my work cut out for me in
revising our existing programmes!)

Since I have just discovered that our 'weighing air using two balloons and
a meter stick' experiment isn't accurate (apparently it only shows that
air under pressure weighs more than air that isn't), does anyone know of
any simple experiments/demonstrations that can show kids that air has
weight? Or is it something we have to take on faith?

Thanks for your help-- I know my requests aren't for the usual 'deep'
topics discussed on the list, but I really do appreciate it.

Alison Innes
Education Coordinator
Bell Homestead National Historic Site
519-756-6220