[Phys-L] changes to Tracker--from Doug Brown

Hello physics folks.

Aaron Titus gave me the word about the control-click on a Mac being
equivalent to a right click, so I changed Tracker's marking procedure
to use shift-click instead. I'd sure like to hear if that effectively
fixes the problem.

Also, Aaron said in his email with the set of steps to follow (thanks,
Aaron!):

(11) To view the graph, find the very small button (it looks like a
small circle) at the center of the bottom of the window frame (below
the video player) that is used to adjust the height of the bottom edge
of the window. Click and drag this button upward so that there are now
two frames showing.

This is the correct way to open the bottom split pane. But there should
also be a right-side split pane divider with a very small button near
its center. Click or drag that button to open the right pane. There
are actually four different split pane windows ("views") that can be
opened this way, and each one of them can be set to be a graph, table,
or world view.

If you start a Tracker example from the WebStart page (
http://www.cabrillo.edu/~dbrown/tracker/webstart/ ) you may find that
fewer views are available ("Motion Diagram" has none at all!). This is
because the number of views is set in the data file that Tracker reads.
You can choose the Edit|Preferences menu item to change the number of
views, and you can save a particular set of preferences as a default,
so as an instructor you have very fine control on Tracker's features.

Please let me know what else needs improvement or clarification in
Tracker--or if it works for you, let me know that, too! Thanks!

Doug Brown