[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: Concerned over costs (was Mac vs. PC )

"I am not immune to this. I drive a Honda Accord when I could drive a
Honda Civic, or less. But I am not driving a Rolls or a Bentley. Maybe
I would get more respect if I did. Hmmm... would that be worth it?"

Reminds me of a lecture wherein the speaker suggested teachers should dress as the moneyed class do, i.e. suits, if they wished to join it.

Do you wear a suit? What cloth?

bc, shorts and Tee

Michael Edmiston wrote:

In reference to my story about over-expenditures for putting technology
in classrooms, Denker echoed my sentiments that the technology director
acts unethically and ought to be reassigned. John also suggested
people/institutions who behave this way can end up not getting more
grant money and run the risk of going out of business.

Au contraire! Not if you are good with words/PR and not if you are
dealing with people who don't know better. Our technology folks have
been praised for doing a wonderful job, we have received national
acclaim for being one of the most-wired campuses in the US, and the
likelihood of more grant money is very high.

When $24,000 is spent for technology in a classroom, it comes out really
nice. The screens are motorized and automatically come down when you
turn on the system. There is a control console on the lecture bench
that has the same look/feel in each classroom. There is one set of

cut