[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: Mac vs. PC (no flames please!)

John SOHL wrote:

We are discussing what type of computers to install in a modest
computer teaching/research room. The obvious question is Mac vs. PC.

Here are the questions that I need data for:
1. What platform is used the most (percentages??) in industry?

For the industry question, we at Northrop Grumman use PC/msWindows corporate wide (100%). I believe this is typical in large industrial firms. You didn't ask about undergraduate schools, but the community college where I teach part time also uses PC/msWindows (100%.

Don Polvani
Northrop Grumman Corp.
Annapolis, MD

Anne Arundel Community College