[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: anomalies?

Thanks for pointing to the reference (which I have) and to proper
terminology. Unfortunately, my background in electrochemistry is not
sufficient to know how to use reduction potentials. I hope somebody
will show how these potentials either confirm or contradict the
threshold of 2.9 volts I measure. Perhaps these are not the numbers one
needs. Hopefully, somebody will help.

I wrote: " . . . An electrolytic cell (platinum anode and nickel
cathode) is connected to the power supply, through an ammeter. The
current-versus-voltage relation is different from what one would
expect from a metallic resistor. First the current is ~zero (below
~10 microamps that I would notice), up to about 2.9 volts. Then the
current starts changing linearly at the rate of about 12.4 V/A . . . >> "