[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: Looking for a Mars Clock?

I think this is the method Brian uses, xcept he probably uses a TCXO.
(Temperature controlled xtal osc.]

I've written him to find out, but no reply yet and I'm too "cheep" to
'phone.

bc

p.s. no, but he, as with the time machine and the microset, tunes the
xtal by dropping pulses so it's with in a coupala secs. / week [much
better than Harrison's]

http://www.bmumford.com/clocks/martian/index.html

reminds me of my student days. Many years ago our Sr. E & M lab (~ six
students) did projects. One was w/ tubes! make a clock w/ a xtal osc.
checked w/ WWV. My project was a coincidence circuit driven by two
delay line amps (12 6AK5s). The pulses source was a plastic scintilator
looked at by two 931 MPTs. If I remember correctly a meter of RG62/U
made a significant reduction in the counting rate.